Enrollment for DHQ
Open May 28th- June 6th
The Adventure Begins June 7th
Do you love scrap quilts? Are your piles of scraps getting out of hand? But you have no idea how to turn that mess into the quilts you love?
Let me help you! I have been designing, teaching, and creating scrap quilts for over 15 years. I have the tricks to ensure your success. Besides;
- Let's save money. Have you noticed the price of quilt patterns rising? Is it cutting into your fabric budget? With almost 100 block patterns, many with more than one quilt pattern available. Not to mention how mixing, matching and scaling those blocks opens up an endless amount of quilt options. You may never need to buy a pattern again.
- Let's overcome fear. No need to worry. I've go you! With near real time access to your questions. Most answered within 24 hours. (I do take Sundays off) Plus monthly Q&As. You have access to my over 15 years of experience at your beck and call.
- Let's find joy. I find so much joy quilting. I want to share that joy with you. Quilting is your hobby. It's should be fun. Enjoy laid back, supportive instruction, with no quilt police. Let me cheer your successes and give guidance where needed. I succeed when you succeed.
- Let's grow together. I believe we all have something to offer. With a community of like minded people to bounce ideas off and cheer on through our private Facebook Group and Monthly Q&A's. We will be better together than we could ever be alone.
Excited to learn how to create your own scrap quilts? Wahoo! I'm excited to take you on a scrappy adventure.
I'm so excited to see the quilts you will design and create.
I've taken everything I've learned from mentors, fellow quilters and my artist mother to create Discovering Hidden Quilts.
In fact DHQ's is more an adventure than class. Enabling you to tap into your unrealized talents. Build on them and become the amazing scrap quilter you were meant to be.
Your creative juices will be flowing as you build on the ideas and concepts taught here.
By the end you will be creating beautiful one of a kind quilts to share with those you love.
Sue's Tie Dyed Sheep
Sue used my Tie Dyed Sheep as a starting point. She made it mini by shrinking the size of the sheep and creating her own lettering.
I love how Sue takes a quilt and makes it mini. Here skill at working with itty bitty pieces amazes me. She does this with every quilt she has make in one of my classes. It's here super power.
What will your super power be? Take the skills you learn in the class. Be prepared to be amazed by what you find out. I can't wait to see what you discover.
Laura's Free Form Garden
What she said about the process.
"This quilt is a show stopper! From a distance, the unique “fabric” drew my attention from all the other quilts displayed.
On closer inspection, I loved how interesting it was, the details of the many different fabrics and differing colors all in distinct hues of green and pinks.
The process of “making fabric” was new to me. I really enjoyed sewing scraps together to make a unique one-of-a-kind fabric. Free- form quilt making allows for a “no wrong way” to create/make your fabric"
Discovering Hidden Quilts is the First Course of it's Kind
Allowing you to learn in the comfort of your own home
No need to haul all those mountains of scraps, your sewing machine, rulers and more. Stay in your cozy room and create to your hearts desire.
Start where you are. No need to buy more rulers and other fancy tools
If you have a sewing machine, a few scraps, a rotary cutter and mat. You are good to go.
Available when and where you are. Heedless of geography, with on demand pre recorded video lessons
DHQ is there for you when you are available. No matter where you live, if you work, have small children at home or anything else that may make your schedule crazy. The nuts and bolts of this class is pre-recorded. Watch when it works best for you. Plus once you purcase the class it's yours FOREVER! Watch and rewatch as often as you like.
Provides ongoing access to the instructor. Questions encouraged and answered within 24 hours through comments and live Q&A
Lessons are prerecorded. However I want to be there for you. Have a question? Not sure how to proceed? Just ask and know your question will be answered quickly. Most often within 24 hours. I do take Sundays off. Plus during the course there are live Q&A's each week in my Facebook group.
Meet other Scrappy Adventures around the world. Receive encouragement and help as we learn together.Learning in a group is a great way to build and solidify skills. Never feel alone. Bounce ideas and gain inspiration.
Even if you've convinced yourself that you're not good with color. There is no way you can figure out how to combine those scrappy bits into something beautiful. Or more intimidating still, that you will end up with one more UFO you never want to see again.
I KNOW, I KNOW: A THOSE LITTLE PIECES CAN BE OVERWHELMING. THEY MULTIPLY LIKE BUNNIES!
While you will probably never reach the bottom of the pile. I can help you manage it. And find joy while doing it
The truth is the more you scrap quilt the more scraps you create. But that's a good thing. Because scrap quilts are the best! They have tons of interest. They are full of memories. Plus they are easy on the pocketbook. And with this course you'll be saving on patterns as well. With almost 100 block patterns to mix, match, and scale. The number of quilts you will be able to create is endless.
So even if you think combining colors, prints and more is too much. I've got you! Let me take your hand and guide you along. You'll discover you are better at this than you think
Let's talk about the most common reasons Scrappy Explorers to be don't design their own quilts.
Reason 1: YOU ARE NOT GOOD WITH COLOR
That colorful mountain of scraps can be intimidating. There are bright bits, muted pieces and everything in between. How did I know what goes with what? Forget that you dress yourself every day. You combine color, prints and style every morning before you head out for your day. I'm betting you look pretty good. Yet you've convinced yourself designing a scrap quilt requires more skill than it takes a kindergartener to get dressed each morning.
Reason 2: YOU WERE NEVER THE ARTISTIC ONE
Modern scrap quilts are full of pattern and design. How do I know what blocks to combine? What elements to use to make things pop and shine?
Reason 3: YOU ARE VERY BUSY
A day job, family, housework... your make time to follow a pattern. But designing a whole quilt. Won't that takes hours, and hours to figure out. You would love your quilts to be unique. It would be fun to create and play. But following a pattern is so much easier, for the time you have
SERIOUSLY!: THESE ARE JUST EXCUSES. HERE'S A SECRET! NOT EVERYTHING YOUR BRAIN TELLS YOU IS TRUE. I KNOW TRYING NEW THINGS IS HARD. PLUS MANY OF US HAVE FORGOTTEN HOW FUN DOING OUR OWN THING CAN BE. OR HOW RELAXING A LITTLE CREATIVE PLAY CAN BE.
For some reason, we find it easier to listen to our brain's lies. You would never let someone else talk to you the way we let our brain talk to you. Let's tap into our younger self. Rebel in a good way. Create something beautiful. And show our brain what is possible.
- You need a scrappy color and design class that lasts longer than a few hours.
- Gives you tips and tricks to build your color and design confidence.
- Allows you a frame work to build your skills, all at your own pace and on your own time.
- Plus gives you an ongoing way to ask questions and get help when your stuck.
Go from messy piles of scraps to fabulous and beautiful quilts
Use the dozens of scrap friendly quilt block patterns to turn mess into bliss. Follow the easy step by step videos to create beautiful quilts for those you love.
Your Adventures Itenerary
- Introduction and meet your tour
- Tame those scraps
- Add the tools color and value to your tool kit
- Learn basic scrap friendly units
- Discover basic unit blocks
- Identify one block designs
- Play with scale
- Examine twist and turn blocks
- Find alternate patterns by combining blocks
- Search out possibilities from the string bin
- Delve into your tiniest pieces for quilts with impact
- Create interest with different sized blocks
- Throw caution to the wind with improvisational quilting
Imagine what it will be like in just a few months from now, to design all your quilts. No pattern needed! Instead you will be able to create your own quilts with skill, confidence and enjoyment.
THE FULL DISCOVERING HIDDEN QUILTS ADVENTURE
(A $989 VALUE)
You'll get access to 12 modules of lessons teaching you all the skills you need to turn your mountains of scraps into beautiful quilts
- Access to over 15 years of scrap quilting experience.
- Short, concise videos on different piecing methods to ensure ease and accuracy
- Almost 100 different block patterns to mix, match and scale. Resulting in the ability to create an endless number of beautiful quilts.
- Inspiration and examples to draw from and expand upon
Plus the private Discovering Hidden Quilts Facebook Group
(a $500 value per year)
- 12 livestream Q&A sessions with me
- The ability to ask questions and share your work with the group any time
- Lifetime membership in the group
WHEN YOU ADD IT ALL UP, THAT'S A TOTAL VALUE OF MORE THAN $1489
An amazing deal, when you consider the patterns and class you would have to pay for to receive the same value
BUT THIS AMAZING COURSE, FACEBOOK GROUP, AND LIVE Q&A'S ARE YOURS FOR JUST $197
(OR THREE PAYMENTS OF $85)
Are your ready to turn those mountains of scraps into beautiful quilts?