Enrollment for DHQ
Do you have scraps? Are they out of hand? Would you like to turn them into beautiful quilts?
Let me help you! I have been designing, teaching, and creating scrap quilts for over 15 years. I have the tips and tricks to ensure your success.
- Overcome fear. No need to worry about fabrics clashing. Or feel unsure about what pattern will make those scraps shine. I've got tips and tricks to help you pick the right fabrics and pattern to turn unruly bins into stunning quilts.
- Gain Confidence. With near real time access to your questions. Most answered within 24 hours. (I do take Sundays off) Plus monthly Q&As. You have access to my over 15 years of experience at your beck and call.
- Let's find joy. I find so much joy quilting. I want to share that joy with you. Quilting is your hobby. It's should be fun. Enjoy laid back, supportive instruction, with no quilt police. Let me cheer your successes and give guidance where needed. I succeed when you succeed.
- Let's grow together. I believe we all have something to offer. With a community of like minded people to bounce ideas off and cheer on through our private Facebook Group and Monthly Q&A's. We will be better together than we could ever be alone.
Excited to learn how to create your own scrap quilts? Wahoo! I'm excited to take you on a scrappy adventure.
I'm so excited to see the quilts you will design and create.
I've taken everything I've learned from mentors, fellow quilters and my artist mother to create Discovering Hidden Quilts.
In fact DHQ's is more an adventure than class. Enabling you to tap into your unrealized talents. Build on them and become the amazing scrap quilter you were meant to be.
- Discover your best method for creating basic quilt units
- Explore dozens of scrap friendly quilt blocks
- Realize possibilities as we manipulate blocks on the design wall to reveal numberless quilt layouts.
- Plan out your quilts with downloadable layouts.
Your creative juices will be flowing as you build on the ideas and concepts taught here.
By the end you will be creating beautiful one of a kind quilts to share with those you love.
Explore Block Options
Take a traditional block and explore it's many options. Try different ways to construct the block. See how changing up where lights and darks are placed to see more possibilities. Find out how twisting and turning the block creates even more quilt layout options.
Play with Scale
Learn how to easily scale unit and block sizes Discover how to combine blocks of different sizes to create interest in your quilt. Use the same block like LaRae has done in her Scrappy Bear Paw quilt. Or use a verity of different blocks in a sampler quilt
Discovering Hidden Quilts is the First Course of it's Kind
Allowing you to learn in the comfort of your own home
No need to haul all those mountains of scraps, your sewing machine, rulers and more. Stay in your cozy room and create to your hearts desire.
Start where you are. No need to buy more rulers and other fancy tools
If you have a sewing machine, a few scraps, a rotary cutter and mat. You are good to go.
Available when and where you are. Heedless of geography, with on demand pre recorded video lessons
DHQ is there for you when you are available. No matter where you live, if you work, have small children at home or anything else that may make your schedule crazy. The nuts and bolts of this class is pre-recorded. Watch when it works best for you. Plus once you purcase the class it's yours FOREVER! Watch and rewatch as often as you like.
Provides ongoing access to the instructor. Questions encouraged and answered within 24 hours through comments and live Q&A
Lessons are prerecorded. However I want to be there for you. Have a question? Not sure how to proceed? Just ask and know your question will be answered quickly. Most often within 24 hours. I do take Sundays off. Plus during the course there are live Q&A's each month in our private Facebook group.
Meet other Scrappy Adventures around the world. Receive encouragement and help as we learn together.Learning in a group is a great way to build and solidify skills. Never feel alone. Bounce ideas and gain inspiration.
Even if you've convinced yourself that you're not good with color. There is no way you can figure out how to combine those scrappy bits into something beautiful. Or more intimidating still, that you will end up with one more UFO you never want to see again.
I KNOW, I KNOW: A THOSE LITTLE PIECES CAN BE OVERWHELMING. THEY MULTIPLY LIKE BUNNIES!
While you will probably never reach the bottom of the pile. I can help you manage it. And find joy while doing so.
The truth is the more you scrap quilt the more scraps you create. But that's a good thing. Because scrap quilts are the best!
- They have tons of interest.
- They are full of memories.
- Plus they are easy on the pocketbook.
- And with this course you'll be saving on patterns as well. With almost 100 block patterns to mix, match, and scale. The number of quilts you will be able to create is endless.
So even if you think combining colors, prints and more is too much. I've got you! Let me take your hand and guide you along. You'll discover you are better at this than you think
Let's talk about the most common reasons you're not diving into those scraps and creating beautiful quilts.
Reason 1: YOU ARE NOT GOOD WITH COLOR
That colorful mountain of scraps can be intimidating. There are bright bits, muted pieces and everything in between. How did you know what goes with what? Forget that you dress yourself every day. You combine color, prints and style every morning before you head out for your day. I'm betting you look pretty good. Yet you've convinced yourself designing a scrap quilt requires more skill than it takes a kindergartener to get dressed each morning.
Reason 2: YOU WERE NEVER THE ARTISTIC ONE
Modern scrap quilts are full of pattern and design. How do you know what blocks to combine? What elements to use to make things pop and shine? I've got a few tricks up my sleeve. See how patterns come together as we play on the design wall. Test out your designs before you cut and sew on the many quilt plans. Learn time tested hacks to ensure you'll be designing one of a kind scrap quilts like a pro.
Reason 3: YOU ARE VERY BUSY
A day job, family, housework... how are you suppose to find the right scraps? Let alone figure out how to assemble them into a quilt. Won't that takes hours, and hours to figure out? Let me share ways to sort your scraps so they are easy to find. Ready when you are to create the unique quilts you've dreamed of.
SERIOUSLY!: THESE ARE JUST EXCUSES. HERE'S A SECRET! NOT EVERYTHING YOUR BRAIN TELLS YOU IS TRUE. I KNOW TRYING NEW THINGS IS HARD. PLUS MANY OF US HAVE FORGOTTEN HOW FUN DOING OUR OWN THING CAN BE. OR HOW RELAXING A LITTLE CREATIVE PLAY REALLY IS.
Let's tap into our younger self. Have a little or A LOT of fun. Rebel in a good way. Create something beautiful. And show our brain what is possible.
- You need a scrap busting design class that lasts longer than a few hours.
- Gives you tips and tricks to build your color and design confidence.
- Allows you a frame work to build your skills, all at your own pace and on your own time.
- Plus gives you an ongoing way to ask questions and get help when your stuck.
Go from messy piles of scraps to fabulous. beautiful quilts
Use the dozens of scrap friendly quilt block patterns to turn mess into bliss. Follow the easy step by step videos to create beautiful quilts for those you love.
What people are saying about DHQ
This is just the funnest class! Thanks. - Karen
Thanks for a great class! -Susan
Love the added content, especially the design wall play. -Helen
Your Scrappy Journey
Week 1 of the Adventure- Welcome, meet your guide, organizing your scraps, color and value
Week 2 of the Adventure- Discover your best method for making basic scrap units and blocks that use these units
Week 3 of the Adventure- Examine Block that twist and turn for more quilt options
Week 4 of the Adventure- Find alternate patterns by combining blocks
Week 5 of the Adventure- Search out possibilities from your string and strips bins
Week 6 of the Adventure- Delve into your tiniest pieces for quilts with impact
Week 7 of the Adventure- Create interest with different sized blocks, layouts and more
Week 8 of the Adventure- Throw caution to the wind with improvisational quilting.
Weeks 9-11 of the Adventure Have fun exploring and creating using the modules
Week 12 of the Adventure- Graduation with Show and Tell
Imagine what it will be like in just a few months from now, to design all your quilts. No pattern needed! Instead you will be able to create your own quilts with skill, confidence and enjoyment.
THE FULL DISCOVERING HIDDEN QUILTS ADVENTURE
(A $989 VALUE)
You'll get access to 12 modules of lessons teaching you all the skills you need to turn your mountains of scraps into beautiful quilts
- Access to over 15 years of scrap quilting experience.
- Short, concise videos on different piecing methods to ensure ease and accuracy
- Almost 100 different block patterns to mix, match and scale. Resulting in the ability to create an endless number of beautiful quilts.
- Inspiration and examples to draw from and expand upon
Plus the private Discovering Hidden Quilts Facebook Group
(a $150 value per year)
- 12 livestream Q&A sessions with me
- The ability to ask questions and share your work with the group any time
- Lifetime membership in the group
WHEN YOU ADD IT ALL UP, THAT'S A TOTAL VALUE OF MORE THAN $1189
An amazing deal, when you consider all the patterns and classes you would have to pay for to receive the same value
BUT THIS AMAZING COURSE, FACEBOOK GROUP, AND LIVE Q&A'S ARE YOURS FOR JUST $197
(OR THREE PAYMENTS OF $85)
Are your ready to turn those mountains of scraps into beautiful quilts?